TOP 10 Best Wood Burning Kits to Buy in 2019 : Wood burning is something people learn how to do in shop classes. It is a great activity for hobbyists and professionals alike. Wood burning can be done freehand for artistic purposes or by creating wooden signs for more practical purposes. The products we are about to introduce to you in these top 10 best wood burning kits reviews are some of the best. They are affordable yet they serve their purpose well. Each of them includes such important tools as interchangeable points, adjustable temperature, tool stand, stencils, and carrying case, among others. Keep reading to find that particular brand, which will work for you.
- #1 Best Wood Burning Kits Reviews 2019
- #1 Walnut Hollow Tool with Versa-Temp Variable Temperature Control & 11 Woodburning Points (Tips)
- #2 Weller 25-Watt Short Barrel Woodburning Kit (WSB25WB)
- #3 TRUArt (Stage 1) Wood and Leather Pyrography Pen
- #4 Walnut Hollow Creative Woodburner Introduction Value Pen
- #5 TAMEHOM [UL LISTED] Wood Burning Kit
- #6 imoocare Creative Wood Burning Kit Tool
- #7 ETEPON Wood Burning Kit – 48 PCS
- #8 Uolor 45 Pcs Wood Burning Kit
- #9 ATHOMEY Full Set Wood Burning Kit
- #10 Spirit Stream Wood Burning Kit
- #2 Conclusion
#1 Best Wood Burning Kits Reviews 2019
#1 Walnut Hollow Tool with Versa-Temp Variable Temperature Control & 11 Woodburning Points (Tips)
This wood burning kit takes the number one spot because it is packed with great features. For instance, 11 points (tips) that help improve its versatility. It also features a dial for controlling temperature from low to 950 degrees Fahrenheit. Because of the dial, you will be able to use the kit on such surfaces as paper, composites, wood, fabric, leather, and card. The kit has a comfort grip that eases pressure when it is held during use. Furthermore, there is the heat shield, which ensures that your hands are protected from a hot barrel. The five screw-in Woodburning points include Shading, Calligraphy, Tapered, Flow, and Universal. Other pieces of this kit are a screw-in solder point, three screw-in stamps, a support stand, and a screw-in hot knife.
- Perfect for fine art
- Super easy to use
- Handy for making gifts
- Can be used by a beginner
- The adjustable temperatures are great
- Comes with interchangeable tips
- The handle does get hot, but after a long period of use
#2 Weller 25-Watt Short Barrel Woodburning Kit (WSB25WB)
There are a lot of things you can use this wood burning kit for. It is a great kit for crafts, hobbies, and wood burning. It is a complete kit that consists of a stand, a hot knife, an embossing tip, and 9 burning tips. It is designed to be used for handtools & tool organizers, siding, and roofing. It has a stainless steel barrel that helps improve its durability. Also, there is a heat- & impact-resistant handle to help you use the woodburning kit for long hours without any discomforts. It heats up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit (472 degrees Celsius) and even comes with a user manual, so you can have no problems using it. Once you have used it, simply store all the pieces in the included storage case.
- A wonderful tool for starting out
- The universal tip is really useful
- The price is low without compromising the quality
- Comes with several attachments
- The grip does not get hot enough to create discomfort
- The quality is not the greatest, but it surely works
#3 TRUArt (Stage 1) Wood and Leather Pyrography Pen
Although TRUArt may price this higher than other kits in the same class, they stand behind it. They provide a replacement guarantee to ensure that you are not stranded in the event that the tip of the pen breaks. Best of all, they do all that at a zero cost. Besides, this wood and leather pyrography pen is designed with versatility in mind. Needless to say, it is perfect for writing or lettering, creating portraits, logos, panorama, and much more. It works on gourds, wood, and leather. The simplicity and ease of use of this pyrography pen make it the perfect choice for those who are just getting started or professionals who prefer to use solid-point burners instead of wire tip ones. The kit comes with 21 different interchangeable tips, which include a knife tip, solder point tip, branding tip, razor blade tip, stripes tip, calligraphy tip, pattern transfer tip, dot tip, and groove tip.
- The two heat settings are nice touches
- The grip is super comfortable
- Arrives in a timely manner
- Comes with a lot of different tips
- Seller puts customer satisfaction before everything
- The quality is not the best, but the kit gets the job done
#4 Walnut Hollow Creative Woodburner Introduction Value Pen
Walnut Hollow has specially designed this woodburning kit for beginners and intermediate users. It is a family-owned company with more than 45 years of experience. Having said that, expect this creative woodburner introduction value pen to be a hit. It works great as a first tool or a backup spare. Its temperature can reach 950 degrees Fahrenheit, and it maintains it (the temperature) well, thereby, making sure you achieve all your goals. Moreover, this value pen works on many different types of wood. It comes with four points (cone, flow, universal, and shading) to meet various requirements. The woodburner pen also comes with instructions on how and why to use each of the aforementioned four points. The instructions are easy to follow, ensuring that you use the woodburner pen to the fullest. This kit is UL approved for the USA and Canada.
- The price is hard to beat
- Works great, and it is easy to use
- The shipment arrives well packaged and on time
- The universal tip is a great addition
- Perfect for cutting and sealing ribbons
- Not the best for “too-demanding” projects
#5 TAMEHOM [UL LISTED] Wood Burning Kit
At no point should your safety be compromised. And TAMEHOM understands that pretty well. That’s why they have had this wood burning kit approved by UL. The UL quality control will keep you away from danger, making sure you use the kit without any anxiety. Another great thing TAMEHOM has done on this kit is to equip it with an adjustable temperate and switch. The adjustable temperature ranges from 400 degrees Fahrenheit to 800 degrees Fahrenheit. This means you will be able to control heat to suit different projects. The kit also features a quick heat-up function that makes it ready for use after just 40 seconds. Its wide application area means you will be able to design on all wood types, craft paper, emboss fabric, soldering, cut stencil, hot stamping, and more.
- Good for the price
- Comes with several tips
- The wooburner is easy to hold in the hand
- Does not cause any discomforts when held
- It is a wonderful addition to leather craft tools
- Gets a little hot, but this can easily be resolved by wrapping it with some tape to help with insulation
#6 imoocare Creative Wood Burning Kit Tool
What gives this wood burning kit tool an edge over the others is its ability to heat quickly. It is a top-notch 60-watt quick heating kit tool that will let you work much faster than ever before. It comes with 28 assorted soldering tips and accessories, so you can use it effortlessly regardless of your skill level. Needless to say, this kit tool works great for experts, intermediate users, and beginners. It is designed with comfort in mind, as seen through the unique thermal insulation design and outstanding comfort level of the handle diameter. The kit is also built with versatility in mind. That being said, it is great for leather burning, wood burning, and soldering. Its temperature can be adjusted from 200 degrees Celsius to 450 degrees Celsius. It is small, compact, and lightweight for optimum portability.
- Fully functional and thoughtfully designed
- The rubber anti-slip base works really well
- Perfect for cutting veneer
- Built with safety in mind
- Great for lots of art projects
- The thick edge is not great for really precise cuts
#7 ETEPON Wood Burning Kit – 48 PCS
It is obvious that you are looking for a very convenient and user-friendly wood burning kit. That’s why we introduce you to the ETEPON Wood Burning Kit – 48 PCS. It is a complete kit that has up to 48 pieces. Some of these pieces are soldering, wood burning, and leather cutting pieces. They ensure that the kit has many uses such as fabric embossing, stencil cutting, hot stamping, soldering, paper cutting, and image transferring. The various pieces also make this kit great for creating a variety of designs. Another unique piece this kit comes with is the converter. With this piece, you will be able to easily change tips. Talking of tips, this kit comes with 5 soldering iron tips. Other accessories include one sharpener, 3-colored pencils, 7 carbon papers, one holder, one tool bag, and more.
- Comes with a variety of tips
- Has a variable temperature control on the handle
- Makes a beautiful gift for anyone who loves custom signs
- Works great for a beginner
- The tool bag is a plus
- Because of the many pieces, the likelihood of receiving a package with some pieces missing cannot be ruled out.
#8 Uolor 45 Pcs Wood Burning Kit
This wood burning kit has up to 45 pieces, which are one pyrography woodburning pen, one quick start instruction, 11 wood burning & soldering tips (assorted), one carrying case, 12 wood carving tips (assorted), one converter head replacement, 5 embossing tips (assorted), one wood burning pen holder, two hot knife chuck with two blades, two marking pencils, and four stencils. It is a versatile tool with variable temperature control that will let you control the amount of heat you are putting on projects. The temperature ranges from 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) to 450 degrees Celsius (842 degrees Fahrenheit). That said, expect to use this kit for wood burning, cutting, soldering, and carving a number of surfaces like leather, card, and wood. The inner-heated ceramic technology of this kit helps it heat up quickly in just 45 seconds.
- Very easy to use
- The zippered carry bag accommodates everything
- Works really well and makes gorgeous designs
- Customer service is great
- Easy to set up
- The grip gets hot, but you can put this problem behind you by using gloves whenever you are handling the kit.
#9 ATHOMEY Full Set Wood Burning Kit
What’s makes this wood burning kit the best in its class is the fact that it can be used by both beginners and professionals. It has 13 interchangeable points, which include solder, 3 hot stamp points, universal, transfer, flow, shading, tapered, and calligraphy, among others. It also comes with a storage box and a tool stand. Another reason why most people like it is that the manufacturer offers after-sale services. These include a 12-month warranty and a friendly customer service. Furthermore, the wood burning kit is designed with versatility in mind; hence, it is great for image transferring, paper crafting, fabric embossing, hot stamping, and stencil cutting. With it, you can work on all types of wood. Its 28 assorted soldering tips and accessories can be used effortlessly by beginners, experts, and intermediate users.
- Makes a great gift for a loved one
- Great for detailed light work
- The company offers after-sale services
- Works for all skill levels
- The price is reasonable
- Not the most suitable for larger projects
#10 Spirit Stream Wood Burning Kit
We don’t think you will be disappointed by a 3-in-1 top quality pyrography kit. Well, we are talking about the Spirit Stream Wood Burning Kit. Its 3-in-1 design makes it a great tool for soldering, leather burning, and wood burning. In addition, this wood burning kit has an adjustable temperature from 400 degrees to 850 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus it boasts a quick heat-up function that makes it heat up in just 45 seconds. Its ergonomic design offers twice the protection and comfort than most competitors; thereby, allowing you to work for hours and finish your pyrography projects as fast as possible. The kit includes 10 assorted wood burning and soldering tips, one beginner’s guide to pyrography e-book with 10 DIY projects, one hot knife chuck with one blade, one quick start instruction, one carrying case, and more.
- Great for anyone just starting to learn Pyrography
- The kit has two heat settings (15W and 30W)
- The customer service is excellent
- Very easy to use
- Convenient for travel or on the go
- Tends to come without the book for beginners, but the company can be contacted to resolve this
Finding a suitable wood burning kit from the inundated market is really hard. That’s why we have come up with the above reviews. We have done research before providing you with the final results. So, pick that product you think is the best with confidence knowing that it will never disappoint.