TOP 10 Best Mechanical Pencil to Buy in 2019 : Mechanical pencils allow you to write freely without constantly needing to use a pencil sharpener or replace your writing utensil. Using a mechanical pencil is also an efficient and economical way to keep a writing or drawing tool handy regardless of location. There is nothing worse than a pencil that won’t sharpen, just when you need it, because the lead has fractured down the length of the spine. The best mechanical pencil virtually removes that problem. Our guide aims to help you ensure that you always have the best writing tool available for school or office work.
If you have been thinking which one is the Best Mechanical Pencil for Money then you are in the right place. Below, we are going to Share a Review of Mechanical Pencil to Buy in 2019, including their specifications and features. Each of the Best Mechanical Pencil have many good qualities depending on What You are looking for. If You are going to Buy Mechanical Pencil soon, then You must Read Ultimate Buying Guide for Mechanical Pencil.
- #1 Guide to the Best Mechanical Pencils
- #2 10 Best Mechanical Pencil Reviews 2019
- #1 BIC Velocity Max Mechanical Pencil
- #2 Uni Core Mechanical Pencil
- #3 rOtring Black Barrel Mechanical Pencil
- #4 Aviation Aluminum Mechanical Pencil
- #5 MozArt Supplies Essential Mechanical Pencil
- #6 Paper Mate Clearpoint Mechanical Pencil
- #7 Pentel Sharp Kerry Mechanical Pencil
- #8 June Gold Mechanical Pencil
- #9 Leda Art Supply Mechanical Pencil
- #10 Jimmidda Mechanical Pencil
- #3 Conclusion
#1 Guide to the Best Mechanical Pencils
#1 Why You Should Use Mechanical Pencils
Mechanical pencils are both convenient and economical. Instead of requiring a sharpener or constantly replacing the tool itself, a mechanical pencil allows you to keep the outer case while only replacing the lead. This reusable feature makes a mechanical pencil cost-efficient as well as environmentally friendly. In addition, mechanical pencils usually feature a precision tip that results in neater handwriting. This precise tip also makes a mechanical pencil ideal for drawing, sketching, graphing, and architectural projects.
Because it is practical, a high-quality mechanical pencil makes a great corporate gift, graduation present, or stocking stuffer. Finally, trying different types of mechanical pencils can offer great way to test styles before designing an heirloom pen or statement piece.
#2 Features to Expect in Mechanical Pencils
There are several features to look for in a high-quality mechanical pencil. A good mechanical pencil should feature an ergonomic design with good weight distribution for easy use. This feature makes the pencil easy to hold while writing or drawing for long hours at a time. You should also evaluate dispensing and refilling options. Specifically, you should consider whether the pencil has a button or other easy method for dispensing lead at will, and you should take note of the availability of refills for your desired type of lead. If you need the pencil to be portable, you should consider a tool with a retractable tip for easy storage.
Finally, individuals buying pencils for school should note whether the writing tool is suitable for scantrons and standardized tests, and those looking for a tool drawing and sketching should make sure the tip is precise enough to suit their needs.
#3 Best Practices for Using Mechanical Pencils
Best practices for using mechanical pencils can keeping a supply of supply of refills and external erasers handy in order to take advantage of the reusable features of this product. You should also use a pencil case, pouch, or box in order to extend the life of your favorite mechanical pencil. For specialty projects, using the right sketch paper or graphing paper can also help you make the most of the product.
#2 10 Best Mechanical Pencil Reviews 2019
#1 BIC Velocity Max Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: BIC is one of the most recognizable brands in the world of writing utensils. The BIC Velocity edition is a handy tool to add to any office drawer or pencil box. As the name implies, this mechanical pencil is ideal for writing with speed, precision, and dexterity. It features a retractable tip for smooth writing as well as a bold, dark lead for script clarity. The mechanical pencil includes a wide eraser for easy removal of errors, and the soft-gel shell makes this pencil easy to grip and position without slipping.
Add-ons or Extras: 0.9 mm lead refills
- Retractable tip
- Smooth lead that writes darkly and erases cleanly
- Soft grip that matches the contours of your hand
- Wide eraser
- Available in 0.7 mm and 0.9 mm
- Suitable for standardized tests
- No options for eraser refills
#2 Uni Core Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: If impeccable handwriting is your goal, then the Uni Core Roulette edition is a great writing utensil for your endeavors. Made of the same durable material as projectile weaponry, this mechanical pencil can withstand daily use without succumbing to breakage. In addition, the pencil uses a rotating core technology that uses lead efficiently while helping you write with consistent density. With this mechanical pencil in your arsenal, every task you undertake can have you feeling like sharpshooter.
Add-ons or Extras: 0.5mm lead refills
- Rotating lead technology for precise, consistent writing
- Made of high-quality metal
- Available in 0.5mm lead
#3 rOtring Black Barrel Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: Designed for professional writers and artists, the rOtring black barrel mechanical pencil is a full-metal tool perfect for regular use. It has a durable body design to last a lifetime without breakage. As a result, it is a popular gift for offices and workstations. The mechanical pencil has a brass mechanism to enable you to release the lead at your own pace. Designed with six sides for easy grip, this pencil’s hexagonal shape also prevents it from sliding off desks or tables. Whether you are a writer or need the perfect gift for an artist or architect, this mechanical pencil is an excellent choice.
Add-ons or Extras: 0.5mm lead refills, mechanical refill erasers
- Fixed-lead guidance sleeve for precise writing and drawing
- Hexagonal shape for comfortable, no-slip grip
- Full-metal body designed for lifelong use
- Thinner tip than other models
#4 Aviation Aluminum Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: The Aviation aluminum mechanical pencil puts users at the helm of mastering any writing or sketching activity. Just as a pilot is in control of an aircraft, this pencil’s ergonomic design places users in full control of their office or school assignments. The pencil features a magnetic dispensing ring for controlling the amount of lead, thereby enabling smooth and consistent script. In addition, the control ring can also double as a stress decompression tool to relieve fidgeting or anxiety.
Made of lightweight aluminum, this mechanical pencil has a comfortable grip and transports easily in purses or briefcases. The writing utensil also has an anti-roll mechanism to prevent the pencil from sliding from desks and breaking.
Add-ons or Extras: Extra-bold graphite lead refills
- Magnetic control ring dispensing for smooth script
- Made of lightweight aluminum for easy portability and comfortable grip
- Control ring doubles as a stress decompression tool
- Anti-roll mechanism prevents pencil from slipping and breaking
- Uses standard 2.0mm lead (pencil lead colors are also interchangeable)
#5 MozArt Supplies Essential Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: The MozArt mechanical pencil is suitable for everyday writing as well as sketching and illustration work. As the name suggests, the quality and construction of this mechanical pencil can help you turn any letter or drawing into a work of it. It has an ergonomic design and non-slip grip that enables hours of non-stop use. With four different lead tip sizes, you can use this pencil for graded assignments as well as professional projects like architectural blueprints or artist portfolios. Use this kit as a unique stocking stuffer for students or pair the set with a sketch pad for the artist in your family.
Add-ons or Extras: Architectural drawing templates, drafting brushes, MozArt sketch pad
- Includes four different lead tip sizes (0.3, 0.5, 0.7 and 0.9mm) for versatile use
- Suitable for academic as well as artistic activities
- Ergonomic design and non-slip grip
- Makes a great gift, stocking stuffer, or addition to school and office supplies
- Not a No. 2 pencil (requires additional No. 2 lead)
#6 Paper Mate Clearpoint Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: With its loyal following, the Paper Mate mechanical pencil from the Sharpie brand has proven to be a reliable companion to notebooks, papers, and journals. The Clearpoint edition features a comfortable grip along with a simple click-advance button on the side of the barrel to adjust lead without having to let go of the pencil. In addition, the utensil’s translucent barrel lets you monitor your lead supply prior to it running out. In this way, you always know when to change the lead supply. If you need to make corrections, you can access twist-up eraser with ease and correct your work without leaves smudges or excess residue.
Add-ons or Extras: Hi-polymer lead refills; pencil case
- Non-slip grip for easy operation
- Click-advance button allows users to release lead without interrupting writing tasks
- Jump twist-up eraser easily advances or retracts; residue-free
- Suitable for standardized tests; No. 2 pencil equivalent
- Cap easily falls off eraser
#7 Pentel Sharp Kerry Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: The Pentel Sharp Kerry edition mechanical pencil is for individuals who want a writing utensil with a classic and timeless appearance. Handmade using watchmaker’s tools, this pencil demonstrates unique craftsmanship and comes with a practical pen case and matching cap. The case makes it easy to present the pencil as a gift or to transport it in pockets or purses. In addition, the pencil comes pre-loaded with hi-polymer HB lead and a high-quality eraser.
Add-ons or Extras: Hi-polymer lead refills
- Mechanical pencil designed with a custom elegant body and matching cap
- Handmade using watchmaker’s tools for unique craftsmanship and precision
- Includes clear plastic case for gift-giving and easy portability
- Pre-loaded with lead and eraser
- Suitable for standardized tests; No. 2 pencil equivalent
- Lead mechanism not ideal for quick use
#8 June Gold Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: The June Gold mechanical pencil kit is perfect for those who want to keep their classrooms or households stocked with the right supplies. Each pencil contains no. 2 graphite lead suitable for standardized tests or non-stop writing. The easy-grip body of each pencil features a side-click button for easily dispensing lead without releasing the pencil itself. Every pencil also includes a smudge-free eraser for correcting work when necessary.
Add-ons or Extras: No. 2 graphite refill
- Easy-grip mechanical pencils pre-filled with no. 2 graphite lead
- Side-click button on pencil easily dispenses lead
- Includes smudge-free eraser
- Suitable for standardized tests
- Lead shade is lighter in color than other brands
#9 Leda Art Supply Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: The Leda Art Supply mechanical pencil is a great option for those exploring range and versatility in their craft. As a six-sided polymer pencil, this writing utensil enables you to maintain a firm grip while writing sketching. It includes dark lead that is great for writing consistent, bold script as well as drawing and shading graphite artwork. In addition, the pencil comes with an optional sharpener for creating an even thinner lead tip if necessary. Using a thinner lead tip enables any artist to add exquisite detail to custom images.
Add-ons or Extras: Multicolored lead refill pack
- Hexagonal polymer pencil for firm grip while writing or sketching
- Dark lead ideal for bold writing lines as well as artwork shading
- Includes lead sharpener for thinner lines when necessary
- Excellent present for aspiring artists
- Some customers find the packaging unappealing
#10 Jimmidda Mechanical Pencil
Standout Features: The Jimmidda mechanical pencil is an automatic, break-resistant writing utensil that works equally well for writing and sketching. Featuring an attractive aluminum alloy casing, it has an ergonomically weighted design for a sturdy grip during any task. The retractable tip allows you to create consistent text or images while writing or drafting, and the nip stores easily for transport without damaging your purse or pockets. In addition, the pencil includes a built-in eraser that corrects work without exerting excess pressure or extending lead at the other end of the tool.
Add-ons or Extras: Retractable lead and eraser refills
- Mechanical pencil made with break-resistant aluminum alloy casing
- 4mm retractable tip for some writing and easy portability
- Ergonomic weighted design for sturdy grip
- Built-in eraser
- Thinner lead than other models
From the TOP 10 Best Mechanical Pencil to Buy in 2019 – TOP Picks You will find that there is a Best Mechanical Pencil available for every budget and with different Quality & Features. All you need to do is make a decision on which Mechanical Pencil is best for you are interested in engaging in.